This course provides an introduction to Vetiver grass propagation. The course examines the Best Practice Methods to generate new Vetiver plants, known as slips, and the purpose for which Vetiver slips are used. Also outlined are the care practices to ensure the survival and success rate of the slips. The course will introduce and outline the creation and development of traditional “in the ground” Vetiver nurseries.
This course contains the most practical and fundamental information needed to understand and immediately begin using Vetiver grass.
To understand Vetiver propagation and the setup process and development of a Vetiver nursery.
At the successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Articulate the Best Practice Methods for the creation of Vetiver slips
- Demonstrate how to prepare a Vetiver slip for planting
- Display the correct methods for care and transportation of Vetiver slips
- Identify the applications and uses for Vetiver slips
- Identify the best environmental conditions for a Vetiver Nursery
- Design a Vetiver nursery
- Understand the different methods of Vetiver propagation and types of nurseries
At the end of this course, the student will have a beginner understanding of Vetiver propagation and nursery development. The student will be able to demonstrate how to propagate a Vetiver slip and the different methods for its growth and development, through the creation of a Vetiver nursery. Students will understand how to set up a nursery and the conditions required to ensure its successful growth.
Students will then be able to proceed to the general course to gain a broader understanding of Vetiver propagation.